Oh my – I’ve got two memes waiting in the queue for posting. One is long overdue and so I’ll start with that one. Matt tagged me and I have difficulty finding it back: he is a vociferous writer and the post is hidden somewhere, well in the past now, oh here it is. Go and have a look. My responses are below:
- What is your favourite word? Well, for the moment it is discombobulate: I came across it again, quite recently, and I just love the way it bobbles and weaves and gives that real sense of unease, a word like a picture
- What is your least favourite word: sin , but that goes a long way back.
- What turns you on emotionally, creatively, spiritually: a walk along an empty beach, in the wind and with a bit of sunshine, my granddaughter, well written books and stories, a glass of white wine, classical music, a good opera song that I can sing along with loud in the car (e.g. the Fishermen’s Duet).
- What turns you off (emotionally, creatively, spiritually): noisy and smokey environments, bad food and bad wine (I’d rather not eat), protestant churches (again, goes way back), lack of sleep, other people’s high and often unrealistic expectations, dishonesty…. etc
- What sound or noise to you love: Beethoven’s 9th; Placido Domingo; the sea the sea; my granddaughter talking to me; my granddaughter immitating famous singers (she’s three); jazz
- What sound or noise do you hate: the alarmclock in the morning, repetitive beats and noises when I’m trying to sleep in a hotel room.
- What is your favourite curse word: me, cursing? You don’t want to know
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt: being a full time writer
- What profession would you not like to do: being a cleaner
- If Heaven exists what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates: it does not exist and I cannot imagine
And now I am required to tag three others, but I’m sure this one has done the rounds many a time by you. So if you have not done this yet, consider yourself tagged!
Tomorrow I’ll try and put up the next one, or maybe even later tonight….